I recently read an article that spoke about happiness as a business model. It really makes sense when you think about it and I believe that happiness certainly can go hand in hand with engagement.
A few key points taken from the article about delivering happiness include:
- It starts with core values
- The art and science of core values
- Happiness should be an integrated part of our strategy and business priorities
- A commitment to happiness is needed
- There are clear levers to increase a person’s happiness
At first thought maybe it sounds a little “hokey,” but take a moment to read the article and you may agree that the theory that happiness needs to be part of a company’s business strategy is a valid one and has merit. Ultimately a happy workforce is more productive, engaged, positive, loyal, and so on. The article speaks to taking the “fluff” out of happiness and making it truly measurable – and why not? If you have unhappy employees – do you really think they are going to go the extra mile? Not likely. And after all – what’s not to like about happiness?